10 reasons to locate and grow a business in the Gatwick Diamond:
- With 45,000 businesses and £24 billion GDP (ONS 2015) the Gatwick Diamond is one of the strongest regional economies in the UK.
- The Gatwick Diamond is internationally well connected with London Gatwick Airport at its heart, the busiest point to point airport in Europe flying to 200 destinations in over 90 countries.
- The Gatwick Diamond is only one hour by road from London Heathrow airport.
- Gatwick Rail station is only 30 minutes by rail from London and connected to over 126 destinations in the UK.
- Two international sea ports at Shoreham and Newhaven are within an hour by road and Dover, Portsmouth and Southampton sea ports are within 1.5 hours.
- The Gatwick Diamond is home for the UK headquarters of many global brands including ExxonMobil, Unilever, Nestle, Elekta and Doosan.
- The Gatwick Diamond offers a skilled workforce including graduates from the Universities at Brighton, Sussex and Epsom and Further Education Colleges at Redhill, Crawley and Epsom.
- There are significant sector strengths and clusters in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering; Aviation, Aerospace and Defence; Financial and Professional services; Life Sciences, Health Technologies and Medical Devices; Environmental Technologies; Food and Drink.
- There is an excellent local supply chain and a collaborative and well networked local business community.
- It is a great place to live and work because the Gatwick Diamond is both surrounded by attractive landscapes, historic homes and outstanding areas of natural beauty in the Surrey Hills and the South Downs National Park and adjacent to the famous tourist location of Brighton. The result is high levels of staff retention.