Launching the infocus Awards for Women In Innovation
06 June 2016
Women with potential to be successful entrepreneurs and leaders in innovation can apply for support and funding to help them to succeed.
Innovate UK has up to £200,000 and a package of tailored support to award to businesswomen who have exciting ideas and the potential to become leaders in innovation and deliver significant economic growth.
This is the first women only Innovate UK competition and is part of a new ‘infocus’ initiative to encourage diversity in innovation.
Each of the 12 finalists in the competition will receive a package of support tailored to their needs, and the four winners will each receive £50,000 to support their innovation project or activities.
Several well-known business leaders have agreed to act as ambassadors and mentors including:
- Facebook vice-president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa Nicola Mendelsohn
- Money&Co chief executive Nicola Horlick
- president of the Royal Academy of Engineering and deputy vice-chancellor of the University of Cambridge Ann Dowling
- WS Atkins chairman and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills board member Allan Cook
- Cambridge Wireless former founder CEO Soraya Jones
- Genius Gluten Free founder Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne.