Apply now for Coast to Capital Region Business Growth Grants

06 June 2016

Are you a small or medium business, planning to growth and to create new jobs but not finding it easy to raise the finance required? Would a capital grant of up to 40% of the total project cost make the difference between going ahead with your growth plans and not being able to?

The Coast to Capital LEP is  inviting expressions of interest from small and medium sized businesses that are looking to grow and create new jobs. Grants of between £15,000 and £100,000 will be available to eligible businesses

Only capital items are eligible for expenditure for this grant programme. Applicants wishing to apply for activities related to Research, Development and Innovation, for example software development, development of new products and prototype development and testing (this list is not exhaustive), should note that these types of project is likely to involve substantial expenditure that is unable to be classed as capital expenditure and will need to be considered on a case by case basis to gain clarity and agreement on eligibility. Therefore applicants for this type of project should email: businessgrants@westsussex.gov.uk ASAP.

Eligible expenditure items may include but are not limited to:

 Machinery

 ICT equipment & Infrastructure

 Commercial catering equipment & plant

 Business vehicles  Furniture & fittings & storage equipment

 Tools & other essential equipment

 Plant & essential building services

 One – off security equipment

 Building works – refurbishment & remodeling

 Retail fittings & point of sale equipment

To be eligible, applicants must:

 Be able to incur expenditure by 31 March 2017.

 Show how the grant will lead to the creation and/or safeguarding of jobs and meet the minimum cost per job figure of £10,000.

 Be able to demonstrate that they have explored fully other sources of funding without success.

 Be able to demonstrate other investment alongside the grant- we will provide up to 40% of the project costs as a grant and the applicant will need to provide the remaining 60%.

 Show how the project will have a positive impact on the local economy and how it will benefit the local community and the local environment.

 Show how the proposed new activity is additional to existing business activity and to the local economy.

 Have premises in or be planning to create new jobs in the Coast to Capital areas:

  • West Sussex
  • Brighton and Hove
  • Croydon
  • Lewes
  • Tandridge
  • Mole Valley
  • Epsom & Ewell
  • Reigate & Banstead

Applications are now open and businesses will first be required to complete an Expression of Interest Form (EOI) which we will review to decide whether the applicant will be invited to make a full application.

This is a rolling programme and the submission of EOIs will close on 30 September 2016 at 12 noon or earlier, if the amount of funding available (£2,457,000) is fully awarded prior to this final deadline date.

For further information and to download the application form please visit:

www.businesswestsussex.co.uk/businessgrowthgrants

www.coast2capital.org.uk/helping-business-growth/grant-funding

or alternatively email: businessgrants@westsussex.gov.uk

 
Click Here to Upload An Event