WELCOMING WALKERS AND CYCLISTS TO SURREY AND SUSSEX
05 December 2011
Surrey and Sussex offer fantastic opportunities for walking and cycling, and Olympic cycle races will pass through Surrey in 2012.
Surrey and Sussex offer fantastic opportunities for walking and cycling, and Olympic cycle races will pass through Surrey in 2012. As part of a project to assist Surrey and Sussex benefit from the Olympic and Paralympic Games, a training programme has been developed to help you boost business by capitalising on the growing walking and cycling market.
How can I benefit?
The training programme aims to help hospitality, leisure and tourism businesses to:
● identify and capitalise on the opportunities for walking and cycling in Surrey and Sussex
● identify, meet and, whenever possible, exceed the needs and expectations of different types of walkers and cyclists
● appreciate the criteria of the Walkers Welcome and Cyclists Welcome chartermark schemes
● take practical steps to develop your products and services to meet the needs of walkers and cyclists
● provide excellent service to walking and cycling customers
● market your products and services effectively to walkers and cyclists.
2012 course dates:
10 January: Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking
26 January: Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking
31 January: The Star, Alfriston
9 February: The Millstream Hotel, Bosham
How much does it cost?
This training is subsidised by SEEDA, reducing the costs of taking part to just £40 per person, including all participant materials, refreshments and lunch.
What’s involved in the training?
Delivered by a experienced trainer, Welcoming walkers and cyclists to Surrey and Sussex is an interactive one-day training programme. It will be delivered at a number of locations in Surrey and Sussex.
How can I book?
To obtain further information or make a course booking, please contact:
Gill Heighington, Tourism South East
T: 023 8062 5436