GATWICK SEES PASSENGER NUMBERS GROW BY 2.3% IN FEBRUARY 2011
14 March 2011
Key points from Gatwick Airport's February 2011 Traffic Performance Survey.
Key points from Gatwick Airport's February 2011 Traffic Performance Survey:
- Passenger numbers grew 2.3% year-on-year driven by increases in European Scheduled traffic, with an additional 46,600 passengers travelling through Gatwick
- Average load factors increased from 74.8% in February 2010 to 75.8% this month - a continuing trend at Gatwick
- Traffic during the spring school half-term break increased by 4% with holidaymakers travelling to traditional hotspots including Dubai, Malaga, Tenerife and winter destinations such as Geneva and Grenoble
- airberlin - Europe’s sixth largest airline - launched twice daily services to Nuremberg and Hanover on 7 February
- Aerosvit-Ukraine Airlines and Rossiya-Russian Airlines become the second and third airlines in recent months to choose Gatwick as their London airport
- As the largest Ukrainian network carrier, Aerosvit operates a five times weekly service to Ukraine’s capital city, Kiev, offering an attractive service for both leisure and business travellers. Services launched on 1 March
Rossiya-Russian Airlines returned to Gatwick with a twice weekly service to Pulkovo Airport, St Petersburg.
- Services to Russia’s second largest city launched on 6 March. This service is scheduled to increase to five times per week from May 2011.